[ZODB-Dev] one more ZODB/ZEO beta

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:11:20 -0400

  TD> On Friday 18 Oct 2002 8:32 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >> There were enough small changes made since the last beta release
  >> that I'd like to delay the final release one more week.  So I'll
  >> be releasing 3.1b3 this afternoon, followed by 3.1 final next
  >> Friday.

  TD> There are a suprisingly large number of differences between
  TD> this, and ZODB released with Zope 2.6 a couple of days ago. Im
  TD> sure many of the differences are just down to indentation; but
  TD> not all.

  TD> cvs diff -r Zope-2-6-0-src -r ZODB3-3-1b2 *

  TD> Are there any intentional differences between the intersection
  TD> of these two releases? If not, this looks like an unnecessary
  TD> support complication.

I don't think any of the differences are intentional.  It's just that
I don't get any more warning that you do about ZOpe releases, and it's
hard to keep ZODB in sync across the many maintenance and release
branches.

There are several bug fixes that exist in ZODB that didn't make it
into Zope 2.6.  I'm not sure how much of a support complication it
really is.  The cPersistence bug that Steve and I fixed the other day
really should have made it in, since it's going to break some existing
extensions.  On the other hand, the two releases are similar enough
that it should be safe to install ZODB 3.1 on top of Zope 2.6.

Jeremy