[ZODB-Dev] one more ZODB/ZEO beta

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com
Sun, 20 Oct 2002 13:16:15 -0400

  TD> On Friday 18 Oct 2002 8:32 pm, Jeremy Hylton wrote:
  >>> There were enough small changes made since the last beta release
  >>> that I'd like to delay the final release one more week.  So I'll
  >>> be releasing 3.1b3 this afternoon, followed by 3.1 final next
  >>> Friday.

  TD> There are a suprisingly large number of differences between
  TD> this, and ZODB released with Zope 2.6 a couple of days ago. Im
  TD> sure many of the differences are just down to indentation; but
  TD> not all.

  TD> cvs diff -r Zope-2-6-0-src -r ZODB3-3-1b2 *

  TD> Are there any intentional differences between the intersection
  TD> of these two releases? If not, this looks like an unnecessary
  TD> support complication.

  JH> I don't think any of the differences are intentional.  It's just
  JH> that I don't get any more warning that you do about ZOpe
  JH> releases, and it's hard to keep ZODB in sync across the many
  JH> maintenance and release branches.

I just realized that I read the diff output backwards.  All the
changes that I was worried about are in Zope 2.6 already.  The tag you
compared against is the 3.1b2 tag, but we'll get 3.1b3 out on Monday
morning and that will be essentially the same as Zope 2.6 except for a
few ZEO improvements and some bug fixes in restore().

Jeremy