[ZODB-Dev] savepoint bug

Edward Moy emoy at apple.com
Thu Jul 15 16:00:55 EDT 2004

With the recent message about possibly depreciating versions in favor
of savepoints, I hope that will raise the priority of savepoints.  As
for my use of ZODB, if it works out, it will go into an open-source
project that would ship on the next release of Mac OS X (or
thereafter), and hopefully be adopted by other platforms as well.  ZODB
would have millions of new users needing savepoint support.

Another wish-list feature would be the ability to have multiple "views"
of the same database.  It would be incredibly useful to me if each view
could be modified separately, and each rolled back with savepoints,
even if no view could be committed.  Like solving a traveling salesman
problem, I'd like to keep separate "solutions" (different changes to
the database) and be able to try each one as I step through, looking
for the best solution.  Since I am keeping a record of each of the
steps for each solution, and may present several solutions to the user
to select from, I can always toss out the views and do a normal
change/commit process.
Edward Moy
Apple