[Zope-Annce] New release of PatchKit - Now includes PackageUpdate patch

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 02:09:44 -0000

I have just released a new version of PatchKit, and this time I have added a
new patch to the Control_Panel called PackageUpdate.

PackageUpdate is designed to work a little like Microsoft's WindowsUpdate
site - It downloads an XML listing of all the products available on
www.zope.org, and then compares this with the products found on your Zope
server. There are then 4 displays available - Updated (What products that I
have installed have been updated), New (What products do I not have
installed), Installed (What products do I have installed), and All (Show all
products).

PatchKit can be downloaded from http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/PatchKit
and there is a change log there with more details of the updates in this
version.

Note: This new patch requires XMLKit (
http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/XMLKit ).

Adrian...

--
The difficulty of tactical maneuvering consists in turning the devious
into the direct, and misfortune into gain.