[Zope-CMF] Sharing bits of Skins between sites

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:07:59 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:
> >  That's not to say there isn't a way
> > that it could be done safely.  Perhaps you're looking for a portal_skins
> > derivative that uses simply restrictedTraverse() to construct layers.
>
> Well, I was looking at something that felt more like a DirectoryView but I think
> you're right. Now, any suggestions as to how I'd go about implementing such a
> beast? ;-)

Subclass SkinsTool.py, changing just the implementation of
getSkinByPath() (which you can find in SkinsContainer.py).  Instead of
using getattr(), use restrictedTraverse().  Be careful to retain the
ordering logic.  Register your new tool using the standard mechanisms
found in CMFDefault/__init__.py.

Shane