[Zope-CMF] newbie confusion over admin via manager API versus portal API

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 12 Jul 2002 21:27:37 +0200

Jeffrey_Franks@i-o.com writes:
 > When I'm in manager API, there is no selection for adding a "Portal Folder".
There is, but it is hidden:

      You select "CMFCore content", then "Portal Folder".

 > When I add "Folder" from manager API, I don't see it from the portal API.
Yes, because it looks for "Portal Folder"s not "Folder"s.

 > The icons look the same from the manager interface, but the objects they
 > represent are different. This leads to part of the confusion.
Assign a new icon: "portal_types" -> "content" -> "Portal Folder" -> "icon".

 > So, I end up adding a "Portal Folder" from the portal API (so that it is
 > viewable),
 > and then put a 'dtml method' named index_html inside it from the manager API
 > (because I can't or don't know how to do that from the portal API). This doesn't
 > seem right.
You say "New" in the "Portal Folder", select "Document" and use
the id "index_html".

 > However,
 > when I do that, I loose the skinning and content fills the entire page, even
 > when I
 > declare <dtml-var standard_html_header> and <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
 > inside index_html.
I do not understand that. But, you do strange things anyway.

Follow the above advise.

Dieter