[Zope-CMF] Re: CMF Workflow Issues

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
27 Jun 2002 15:12:57 -0400

On Tue, 2002-06-25 at 19:29, Ryan P. de Vega wrote:
> Mr. Seaver,
>
> I am writing you because I am seeking help with a problem that I am having
> with adding a CMF workflow in Zope.  I have spent a large amount of time
> trying to get around these issues but I still have yet to get anywhere.

You would be better served to ask the CMF list for help, as the chance
that somebody will both know the answer and be able to respond quickly
is much higher.;  I am CC'ing the list with this response.

> The problem:
> I make a new workflow (as an addition to the default_workflow) and create
> all of the necessary transitions and states that I need.  I add to these
> all of the necessary attributes (as far as I know) to make them work the
> way I want them to, including adding the necessary Zope permissions to
> give my 'test' id access to all needed CMF portal pages and actions.  The
> problem is that I cannot get these new states to appear on the portal site
> without changing (at least) the Document workflow (/portal_workflow/ on
> the Workflows tab) to my new 'test_workflow'.  Once I do this, all of my
> newly added transitions appear for use on my CMF web portal, they even
> work the way I need them too.  The problem is when I try to add a new user
> to my portal - I get this error: 	Error Type: Undefined		Error Value:
> getId not found in 'transition/getId'.  Once I change my Document workflow
> back to using the default_workflow, this is no longer a problem, but of
> course my new transitions from test_workflow on the web portal no longer
> appear.
>
> I have been able to add to the Python code that controls this
> default_workflow to display my needed transitions, but this is very
> cumbersome for such a seemingly easy product.  I just know that there has
> to be a better way to allow both workflows to interact together without
> having to hard code new transitions into the default_workflow script.
>
> I would greatly appreciate ANY help you could give me on this issue.  If
> you do not have the time, please let me know of anyone else that may be
> able to assist me in this problem.  Thanks in advance!

John Morton published a nice How-To on building workflows to the
list earlier this week:

 http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope-cmf/2002-June/013181.html