[Zope-CMF] Changing portal_types

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 07:21:51 -0500

Jan Ulrich Hasecke wrote:

 > I have a running cmf and now want to rename the portal_types.
 >
 > Something like this
 >
 > Document ---> Essay
 > News Item ---> Nachricht
 >
 > What about the old documents and news items? Is it possible to change them
 > too, so that they will be found by the catalog as "Essay"?

Changing the ID of the type information object breaks the (very
loose, by design) connection between the content and the type info;
if you really need to modify the ID (rather than setting the Title,
as Magnus suggested), you will need to write an ExternalMethod which
finds all instances of the type and calls '_setPortalTypeName' with
the new ID on them.