[Zope-CMF] [dev] _checkPermission

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Tue Nov 18 04:37:09 EST 2003

Hi!

Today I stumbled over _checkPermission in CMFCore/utils.py:

Is there any good reason to override the implementation in
ZopeSecurityPolicy?

 From the change log I can see there was a reason 2 years ago:
"Work around breakage in SecurityManager.checkPermission (members
were failing permission checks which Anonymous passed)."

I can't see a difference between current ZopeSecurityPolicy code and the
CMF code.

Would anybody mind if I revert that workaround, calling
getSecurityManager().checkPermission(permission, obj)?

Cheers,
  Yuppie