[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] five.localsitemanager: proposal

Godefroid Chapelle gotcha at bubblenet.be
Sat Jun 23 17:51:41 EDT 2007

yuppie wrote:
> Hi!
>

> This proposal is now implemented on CMF and five.localsitemanager trunk.
> Everything *seems* to work, but maybe I'm missing something. This might
> be a good time to review and test the changes - any feedback is welcome.

Thanks !

<snip>

> AFAICS, KSS will no longer need the monkey patch if it sets the
> LookupClass to FiveVerifyingAdapterLookup.
>

> Cheers,
>
>     Yuppie

I tried to test your code this evening...

This implied starting to fix Archetypes and Plone to work with all the
changes made in CFMCore.interfaces

I must say I stopped when I found out IExtensibleMetadata is now a Z3
interface where code in Archetypes still awaits it to be a Z2 interface.

I am ready to move on if someone can tell me the pattern to migrate
calls like

  if not IExtensibleMetadata.isImplementedByInstancesOf(klass) interface

I currently do not know the dance to move from Z2 to Z3 interfaces.

However, I wonder if all the changes needed to run Plone 3 above
CMF/trunk won't avoid us to actually test the new code...

--
Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)- BubbleNet  http://bubblenet.be