[Zope-DB] How does DCO2 use bind variables?

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:12:02 +0100

Hello!

After inspecting the internals of our Oracle DB, we have reason to suspect
that the Zope Oracle DA/DCO2 does not automatically use bind variables for
its SQL queries, but instead forces Oracle to recompile every single sql
statement, resulting in _really_ bad performance from our DB.

Can anybody (like, uh, Matt :-)) provide som light and/or guidance on this
issue?

If there in fact is bind var support, how can I make use of them from Zope?

Thanks.

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ will yield no hits    IT Systems & Services