Antwort: Re: [Zope-DB] DCOracle2 - Invalid connection string

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 12:53:17 -0500

Carsten.Hoff@BASF-IT-Services.com wrote:

>Hi Matthew,
>thanks for your tip, but there is no sqlnet.log indicating a connection problem.
>Is there a place to find other error logs.
>The host name is fully qualified in the tnsnames.ora and I get with the same
>connection string a connection with sqlplus for the prompt.
>I have set the environment for zope in the script /ect/rc.d/init.d/zope in the
>following way:
>
>--- schnipp ----
>INSTANCE_HOME=/var/zope
>INSTANCE_NAME=`basename ${INSTANCE_HOME}`
>export ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle/OraHome1
>export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/oracle/OraHome1/lib
>export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
>
># make sure starter script exists
>--- schnapp ---

Aha!  Launching Zope from init can be different -- can you launch Zope
manually and confirm that you still have errors with the connection string?

Also, could you  also

export DCO2TRACEDUMP=/tmp/dco2.tracedump

before starting Zope, and send me the tracedump file it writes to tmp?
 Zope can say "invalid connection string" even when the Oracle
connection string is good -- it can cover up other errors that occured
while trying to connect.

Also, because I'm curious, do you mind letting me know how you're using
Zope and DCO2?  I like to have a notion of how people are using the
software.