[Zope-DB] sqlvar tag for text

Charlie Clark charlie@begeistert.org
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 23:41:42 +0100

On 2003-02-24 at 23:24:23 [+0100], Alex Cowan wrote:
> Sorry that some of you will get this twice (I did reply to instead of
> reply to all)
>
> I can provide several
>
> guestbooks, bulletin boards, application forms, news systems

Seeing as these all exist as products already you might want to look at how
they've been done.

> Anything which requires you to use more than 1 line of text (and keep
> formatting in tact).

By "formatting" you mean linebreaks? These vary from platform to platform
so it's not a good idea to rely on them anyway. Look at the following rows
I stored without doing anything special:

select * from whatever:

This is "text"
This is 'text'
a new line\n

What's missing?

You definitely shouldn't use <dtml-var> because it's unsafe.