[Zope-DB] Aquaduct, Tabula, et. al.

Jeff Sacksteder jwsacksteder@ramprecision.com
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 11:00:32 -0500

I am performing a rather complex set of reports based on poorly normalized
data in an external database and have found a need for intermediate tables
to be built in zope somehow. I intend to create a python script that will
pull the data out of my external DB through a ZSQL method, process it up
into the format I need, then insert it into some intermediate source that I
can then query. It looks like the only practical solution would be a Gadfly
DA.

Please correct me if any of these assumtions are wrong...

1. ZTables/Tabula is a dead product

2. Tiny tables is non-relational

3. ZCatalogs are for indexing, not data storage.