[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-DCOracle2 vs Tomcat-JDBC performance

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Wed, 4 Jun 2003 23:10:27 +0200

> > Try using the -t option to Zope's start to increase the number of
> > threads by a small amount (say, -t 8).
>
> Be there, done that.

We have very similar problems. We have 4 threads. 3 of them are usually
constantly frozen (ie they have been on hold for like 70.000 seconds, and so
on), so Zope effetively is running in one thread.

we use a lot of ZSQL connections. I have reduced the number of DA objects to
one object per schema, and that seems to have helped somewhat. Still I have
to restart Zope every day and sometimes more than that to have a responseive
application.

Umberto, have you had any progress with your findings?

Will try Dieters ZopeProfiler on our productionserver now to see what it is
that is taking so long...

/dario