[Zope-DB] Re: Zope-DCOracle2 vs Tomcat-JDBC performance

Umberto Nicoletti unicoletti@prometeo.it
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:38:33 +0200

Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote:
>>>Try using the -t option to Zope's start to increase the number of
>>>threads by a small amount (say, -t 8).
>>
>>Be there, done that.
>

> We have very similar problems. We have 4 threads. 3 of them are usually
> constantly frozen (ie they have been on hold for like 70.000 seconds, and so
> on), so Zope effetively is running in one thread.
>
> we use a lot of ZSQL connections. I have reduced the number of DA objects to
> one object per schema, and that seems to have helped somewhat. Still I have
> to restart Zope every day and sometimes more than that to have a responseive
> application.
>
> Umberto, have you had any progress with your findings?

I'm sorry, but I've been busy doing other stuff this week.
I have planned a couple of days to look into the DCOracle2 (tracing) and
maybe trying out ODBC next week.

I sincerely hope we can come out with something here...

> Will try Dieters ZopeProfiler on our productionserver now to see what it is
> that is taking so long...
>
> /dario

Regards,
Umberto