[Zope-DB] Re: Relational Databases in Zope 2 and Zope 3

Nick Bower nicholas.bower at jrc.it
Mon Jun 28 10:31:54 EDT 2004

Yeah great isn't it - my colleagues using that other OO language get to
rave about Hibernate, meanwhile as a person with a year of Zope, I'm
trying to scoop up any breadcrumbs I can about how to move past
something called ZSQL methods. ;)

Yes I also feel Zope ORM is something that's annoyingly lacking, but
it's probably not a trivial thing to address either unfortunately.

BTW - First impressions to me of SQLObjects (thanks for info) were that
the suggested method for modelling joined classes didn't look very well
conceived.  Furthermore, embedding RDB semantics (classMember =
StringCol()???) in your business objects looked simplistic when POJOs
and even Zope objects try and abstract this sort of thing elsewhere.
Maybe that's too harsh comparing apples and oranges, and as I said, I've
never used it.