[Zope-DB] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Relational Databases in Zope 2 and Zope 3

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at awkly.org
Tue Jun 29 08:37:26 EDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:09:50AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
| Sidnei da Silva wrote:
|

| >It's a 'Sample Inventory Application' for a genetic lab. I'm not quite
| >sure the app itself will be opensourced, but you can ask Alan Runyan
| >about it if you have interest.
|
| What sort of data volumes does the app deal with?

Why that is always the first question people ask me? :)

Currently, around 50k records which is just a slice of the db that was
exported into csv and we had to do some serious processing before
being able to use it.

When in real production, it will deal with 1-3 million records.

--
Sidnei da Silva <sidnei at awkly.org>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

<radix> where the heck did caps-day come from, anyway?
<JDAHLIN> It's something we often celebrate here in South America
<JDAHLIN> Very traditional.