[Zope-DB] Multiple instances with one installation

Felipe Alvarez Harnecker felipe at qlsoft.cl
Mon Jan 10 09:26:01 EST 2005

Dieter Maurer writes:
 > Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote at 2004-12-30 10:53 -0300:
 > >one common trick with web applications is to serve many customer with o=
 > >ne
 > >application, one way is to get configuration options depending on hostn=
 > >ame
 > >via the HTTP_HOST enviroment variable.
 > >
 > >I'm looking a way to  do same with zope, perhaps including the
 > >HTTP_HOST into de connection string of an DB adapter, of course it
 > >doesn't work ... so i wonder how to solve this problem.
 >
 > Look at the "VirtualHostMonster" ("VHM").
 >
 > You find good documentation in the "documentation" tab of
 > each "VHM" instance.
 >
 > --
 > Dieter

Thanx for your help, but de VHM does no seems to help me, to clarify i
will put one axample:

supose you have one application in /application that aplication can
serve multiple customers if it could connect to different data base
depending on custumer. But in zope AFAIK the conection is made at
"definition time" so one SQL object is tied to a connection at devel
time, not runtime.

en many environments one can define de data source as one string
containing the HTTP_HOST environment variable, so the connection is
setup at runtime, that's want i need with zope.

regards.

Felipe Alvarez Harnecker.  QlSoftware.

María Luisa Santander 568, Providencia, Santiago.

Tels. 204.56.21 - 09.874.60.17
e-mail: felipe.alvarez at qlsoft.cl

http://qlsoft.cl/
http://ql.cl/