[Zope-DB] Multiple instances with one installation

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jan 13 15:50:45 EST 2005

Felipe Alvarez Harnecker wrote at 2005-1-10 11:26 -0300:
>but de VHM does no seems to help me, to clarify i
>will put one axample:
>
>supose you have one application in /application that aplication can
>serve multiple customers if it could connect to different data base
>depending on custumer. But in zope AFAIK the conection is made at
>"definition time" so one SQL object is tied to a connection at devel
>time, not runtime.

Actually, the DA is identified via its id and the id is resolved
via acquisition.

Acquisition is something between static and dynamic binding.
With the appropriate acquisition contexts, you can
let the same Z SQL method instance use different DAs.
It does not provide for the most clear implementation, though.

Your problem has been met often by others. And some of them
extended Z SQL Methods to get dynamic ids.
Maybe, you search the mailing list archives...

--
Dieter