[Zope-DB] compiling dco2.c with Oracle 10g using mingw on Windows XP - interesting errror

Maan M. Hamze mmhamze at pleiades.net
Thu Dec 6 16:31:18 EST 2007

cx_oracle is very good, but I have used dcoracle2 for years and am used to
it.
Also, dcoracle2 is still working fine into Oracle 10, specially for those
who use it to perform routine operations in Oracle (sql, procedures etc..).

There has been work to fix things in dco2.c and add things.

As for the issue I described in this post, it seems to be resolved with the
Following define in dco2 (to be used in the source before including oci.h
which in turn includes oratypes.h):

//oratpyes.h with Oracle10g client for Windows
//uses _int64 instead of __int64
//Following resolves issue when using MinGW32 which uses
// __int64 as a long long typedef.
//User may want to change the compiler define depending on how compiler
//handles this issue.  This works with MinGW32.  Your mileage may vary.

#ifdef ORACLE10g
 #if (defined(WIN32) && defined(__GNUC__))
   #ifndef _int64
     #define _int64 long long
   #endif
 #endif
#endif
#include <oci.h>

Maan

>>You might consider using cx_oracle as an alternative to DCO2. cx_oracle
>>could be integrated with Zope as an DA using SQLAlchemyDA (although
>>untested). DCO2 is pretty old and seems to be unmaintained.

-aj

--On 5. Dezember 2007 18:32:14 -0600 "Maan M. Hamze" <mmhamze at pleiades.net>