[Zope-DB] ZMySQLDA thinks that MySQL has gone away

Pedro León López pedroleonlopez at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:56:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

I got this error when querying MySQL 5.0.26. I use Zope 2.9.4 and ZMysqlDA
2.0.9b3 (with MySQLdb 1.2.1_p2). MySQL do not gone away.
This error only happens after exactly 8 hours of database inactivity. I
found some information about this error.
It seems is caused because MySQL close the connection after 8 hours, this
time is stored at 'wait_timeout' system variable in the MySQL server.
I'm doing an application for school where isn't there activity at night.
Then db.py don't know this because it feels that connection is alive. Maybe
the solution is check the connection before db.query.
Something similar in Zope3-Dev:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope3-dev/2005-December/017052.html
The solution:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/checkins/2006-September/004078.html

Traceback (innermost last):

   - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 194, in publish_module_standard
   - Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 157, in publish
   - Module Zope2.App.startup, line 243, in abort
   - Module transaction._manager, line 107, in abort
   - Module transaction._transaction, line 507, in abort
   - Module transaction._transaction, line 580, in abort
   - Module Shared.DC.ZRDB.TM, line 64, in abort
   - Module Products.ZMySQLDA.db, line 389, in _abort

error: release unlocked lock

Other people with the problem:
http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope/2005-June/159762.html
http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/6263

It will be possible fix this? If not, how can I do the transactions with
MySQL? Maybe with sqlobject o sqlalchemy?
Sorry for my English and sorry for create a new thread (*ticino at hccnet.nl
 *put this question on the list some days ago). Thanks in advance.

Peter Lion