[Zope-DB] ZMySQLDA thinks that MySQL has gone away

Bill Campbell bill at celestial.net
Mon Mar 26 17:59:37 EDT 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007, Pedro Le?n L?pez wrote:

>   Hello,
>

>   I got this error when querying MySQL 5.0.26. I use Zope 2.9.4 and
>   ZMysqlDA 2.0.9b3 (with MySQLdb 1.2.1_p2). MySQL do not gone away.
>
>   This error only happens after exactly 8 hours of database inactivity.
>   I found some information about this error.
>
>   It seems is caused because MySQL close the connection after 8 hours,
>   this time is stored at 'wait_timeout' system variable in the MySQL
>   server.
>
>   I'm doing an application for school where isn't there activity at
>   night.

Given that mysql (or any other database) may well be restarted as part of
log rotation and cron maintenance, you may well want to not depend on
continuously open connections.

Bill
--
INTERNET:   bill at Celestial.COM  Bill Campbell; Celestial Software LLC

``During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
a revolutionary act.''  --George Orwell