[Zope-dev] New UI for 2.3

Casey Duncan casey_duncan@yahoo.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 13:34:32 -0800 (PST)

I agree that it looks better. The addition of another
whole frame for this though is my main beef with it.
Perhaps this could be integrated some other way.
Frames should only be added when there is no other
option.

It's just that browsers waste so much space up there
anyway, and the extra 32 pixels are in addition to
that "waste".

I personally don't care how it "looks" so much as how
efficient it is. All of the other aethestic changes I
feel enhance both looks and efficiency. The top frame
does not IMHO. Form should definitely follow function
here.

BTW: I have been know to use Zope on an old machine
with a 640X480 screen. Although I generally eschew the
frames altogether then and open manage_main by itself.
It's not really fun, but it works.

=====