[Zope-dev] ZCatalog hackery

Morten W. Petersen morten@esol.no
01 Mar 2001 12:34:59 +0100

Hi guys,

I've got a problem with ZCatalog.  I've got plenty of large
objects, ranging from 100KB to 100MB in size.  Needless to
say, these take up a lot of processor time when indexed by
the ZCatalog.

Now, these object have to be moved from time to time, only
moved, so that one or two of the related columns and indexes
are affected (the path and the parent container id); is
there a way to go around this so that those two, the
one column and the index are updated, and not, let's say
the indexed body (which is 100KB - 100MB in size) ?

Thanks,

Morten