[Zope-dev] Virus-scan module --may be OT

Kris Erickson kris.erickson at utoronto.ca
Tue Jun 15 13:40:44 EDT 2004

Hey all,
This may be [Off Topic], but I think it has some relevance; there is an
ever-growing demand for Zope, and for a user-centric system (each user,
of course, coming from a wide range of techknowledgable backgrounds) in
general. I think consideration of a base-level antivirus module is not
only good strategy, but a potentially hot selling-point.

Has there been any discussion on integrating a virus-scanning module
into the core of Zope? I realize this is likely more of a CMF question;
but I'm just wondering if there could be some Zope-level development of
a anti-virus module, capable of being extended into the CMF (and
subsequently Plone, etc.).
It might additionally be extended into both file-upload applications,
and potentially email applications--I guess like an antivirus API.

Your thoughts would be appreciated,
Kris