[Zope-dev] [Fwd: Zope Tests: 4 OK, 2 Failed]

Benji York benji at zope.com
Sat Nov 29 14:18:13 EST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Benji York <benji at zope.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:
>> Note that this means that any other package which wants to use
>> zope.testbrowser to run functional tests also suffers, transitively,
>> from the hairball.
>
> Not exactly.  The "test" extra is only needed for zope.testbrowser's
> tests.  To use testbrowser in a functional test the base dependencies
> should do it.
>
> Well, not exactly; I just noticed that zope.app.testing would also be
> required, but you have to depend on that to do functional tests anyway.
> I'll look into making that dependency explicit.  It'll probably mean
> adding a "zope" extra that no one will use because things work without
> it anyway.

I just added a zope-functional-testing extra for those doing functional
tests of Zope 3 apps.  It only adds zope.app.testing, but increases the
number of dependencies (transitively) to 81 packages.

The non-extra dependencies (including transitive dependencies) remain
thus:

ClientForm
mechanize
setuptools
zope.event
zope.i18nmessageid
zope.interface
zope.schema
zope.testing

I'm working on a new package (maybe named zope.functionaltesting) that
will provide only what's needed for functional testing of Zope 3 apps
using testbrowser without all the baggage of zope.app.testing (see
http://hannosch.eu/zope2-dependencies/zope.app.testing.jpeg).
--
Benji York
Senior Software Engineer