[Zope-dev] ztk checkversions script

Christophe Combelles ccomb at free.fr
Sun May 16 14:36:11 EDT 2010

Le 04/05/2010 00:04, Christophe Combelles a écrit :
> Vincent Fretin a écrit :
>> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:52 PM, Martijn Faassen<faassen at startifact.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> Of course what applies to Hanno should apply to others making releases
>>> of packages maintained by the Zope Toolkit project as well. I think the
>>> ZTK leadership should figure out some kind of guidelines for this that
>>> people can follow. Maybe someone can write a tool too to check up how
>>> far a toolkit is out of sync with the latest releases. Just some ideas.
>>
>> For the tool, I think I did it already. I modified one of Hanno's
>> script some times ago:
>> cd zopetoolkit/trunk
>> bin/buildout -c checknew.cfg
>> bin/python checknew.py
>
> I have already started to turn this script into a buildout recipe (probably
> z3c.recipe.checknew).
> I will make sure it can discover either minor bugfix versions or major versions,
> and be able to create a versions.cfg.

It's now released as z3c.checkversions
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/z3c.checkversions

It's not a recipe but a console_script. So that it can be used in a virtualenv
as well, without buildout.

For a buildout, you just have to add it in the buildout eggs: it creates a
checkversions script that can detect new versions (minor or major, depending on
the -l option).

Christophe