[Zope-PAS] mutable property sheets

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sun Apr 16 12:27:01 EDT 2006

Previously Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> I hate to say it, but GRUF isn't an example for anything right or
> good when it comes to user folders. And that opinion goes right up to
> the top in Plone circles.

No argument there. But considering how popular GRUF is its behaviour is
a good measure of what people are used to.

> So my own opinion is that I don't like the persistence magic for
> setting properties. IMHO the methods on the properties plugins should
> be called explicitly instead of automatically whenever anyone touches
> one of these mutable property sheets.

That makes your code very verbose though. For all changes you have to
figure out which plugin the property belongs to, figure out which user
folder should be used, get the plugin from that userfolder and call a
method on that.

Wichert.