[ZWeb] Zope 2 web site

Paul Everitt paul at zope-europe.org
Thu Mar 2 03:52:06 EST 2006

Geoff is offering to help on the existing site.  That's an urgent need,
from all the (ahem) constructive responses I've seen to his note.  The
more he helps on the current site, the less pressure you'll have on the
"start-from-scratch" plan.

I've seen the point made in this thread about choosing Plone and no
Plone people helping.  Here's the reason I went from very active to
inactive:

   http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-web/2003-July/002764.html

I never got a response to that note.  Actually, I did get a one word
private response from the ZC CFO: "Understood".  Perhaps things changed,
but like others, I got the message about the value of my contributions.

Plone pre-1.0 might be part of the problem.  But the bigger problem is
the red tape and attitude.  Plone.org, OTOH, has over a hundred
how-to's, over 20 long tutorials, good doc organization, active system
administration, great performance, and around 4 active
*documentation-only* reviewers.  Even atop that "awful" Plone software. :^)

zope.org is dead.  plone.org is quite alive.  What's the difference in
these two?

For what ever reason, zope.org gives off a distinct "you're not wanted
here" vibe, especially if you're a Plone person.

--Paul