[Zope] Several urgent questions...

Andreas Kostyrka andreas@mtg.co.at
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 12:24:09 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 18 Aug 1999, Klement J. Fellner wrote:

> hello zopisti,
>
> we are on our way to replace our static webpages with zope-driven
> web-application.
> As long as you use standard features zope is - in my opinion -
> self-explainatory, but...
> we ran into several problems, respectively questions:
>
> a) upload of pictures/documents (pdf,ps, etc.)?
> is there an easy-to-use solution out there which one can use?
> what we want is a way to allow end-users to upload various files
> into zope or an ftp-account which then are provided to anonymous
> users for downloading.
Well, I've done this as an demonstration for a customer.
If you are interested, I might give you private access to this folder.
Basically, this is trivial in ZOPE :)

> b) Folder parameters!!!!!! how can I change these parameters with DTML?
> I declared a parameter "sprache" which holds "de" as default at the
> root-level.
> When a user wants to read the content in english (sic!) the parameter should
> be set to "en" (I use the parameter in ZSQL statements - it works well).
> I tried to set the parameter with
>  <!--#call "manage_changeProperties(sprache='en' )"-->
Well, the problem here is, that this would change the property for
ALL users.
What you probably want is setting a cookie, which would tell your pages
for future requests which language to use.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kostyrka                     | andreas@mtg.co.at
phone: +43/1/7070750                 | phone: +43/676/4091256