[Zope] Zope on Mac OS X Server

Jim Washington jwashin@vt.edu
Mon, 31 May 1999 08:39:17 -0400

Hi, Greg

Yup.  There was a note on the Python site from Jeffrey Shell with his
solution.
http://www.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/1999-May/001106.html

I did something similar.  Essentially:

for Python:
./configure --with-next-framework --with-threads --with-dyld
--prefix=[whatever]

then put libpython1.5.dylib into /usr/lib

No matter what you use for --prefix, this will put python and its
development libraries in a really weird configuration that zope will not
understand properly, so I symlinked the heck out of what I had to make
it look like it was in "standard" locations.  I suppose you could really
move them around, too.

adding LDLIBRARY=/usr/lib/libpython($VERSION).dylib into python's
Makefile.pre.in in /lib/python1.5/config fixes the problems with finding
the dylib

change "sys.executable" to "[whatever]/bin/python" in wo_pcgi.py and
do.py in your zope root.

and I may have forgotten a thing or two, but it should compile and run.

If you take better notes and get it working, you might post those to the
list.  I have a feeling OS X is going to be yet another popular platform
for Zope.

Now I need to try to get Mailman working...

Good luck.

--Jim Washington