[Zope] NT User Folder - No Domain support?

Wed, 20 Oct 1999 07:32:57 +0100

Hmmmm. Are you running Zope in the local system account (ie the default
account for a service?)

That account does not have rights to access a network, so probably can not
authenticate against the domain controller. Try switching to the account of
a user in the domain, and remember to give that user the 'Act as part of the
operating system' permission.

If I think of anything else, Ill let you know in another 24 hours ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Blenke [mailto:icblenke@2c2.com]
Sent: 19 October 1999 22:23
To: 'Toby Dickenson'
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] NT User Folder - No Domain support?

On Oct 19, 1999, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> You can fix this by making some changes to the NTUserFolder source:
>
> 1. Change the first parameter from None to the name of a DC, in the calls
>    NetUserEnum and NetUserGetInfo
>
> 2. Change the second parameter from "." to the name of a DC, in the call
>    LogonUser
>
> That looks like it should work, but it is untested.

You had me convinced :) Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work. I've tried
using the PDC and multiple BDCs, uppercase and lowercase names, and using
our domain name instead of a hostname - no joy.

Time for me to dig a little deeper into the win32 extensions :)

> A question for anyone else using NTUserFolder.... Would it be appropriate
> change the default to authenticate in the domain?

It might be nice to add a "domainname" field to the addForm - perhaps with
a checkbox to flag "use local SAM only" or some such workaround.

 - Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@2c2.com> <ian@blenke.com>