[Zope] HELP: downloading file from netscape/old IE can froze zope

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 12:49:20 -0400

John wrote:
> Why is this true? I notice that zope.org uses apache
> and I have been mulling over whether I should use
> apache (or Roxen, etc) as the main webserver. For
> my test site I am just using Zope though. Before
> I get lots of hits, why would Zope 2.x be faster?
> Also, it seems that zope.org is not lightning
> fast even with Apache as the main webserver (which
> was discussed under caching). What is the
> best strategy for a high-hit site?

Actually the strategy we are using with zope.org and Apache write now is
slower (PCGI) than what we're migrating to starting today (mod_fastcgi).

As for zope.org's sub-lightning speed, that's explained in a previous
email I sent today.  We've been too cheap to buy another machine, so one
PII-350 is servicing zope.org (plus digicool.com and six other sites)
PLUS the mailing lists PLUS mail delivery.

We should have moved the mail stuff off to another machine a long time
ago.  But we've been too cheap. :^)

--Paul

Paul Everitt       Digital Creations
paul@digicool.com  540.371.6909