[Zope] DCOracle for 8.1.5 (8i)

Doug Hellmann hellmann@GNNcast.net
Tue, 01 Feb 2000 21:17:21 +0000

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> I don't know what the status on 8i compatability is, have you tried it?
> It might just work.

I was able to get the library to compile against 8.1.5 for Linux and it
works except for the LOB support.  Querying a LOB from a table causes a
core dump.  I haven't looked into it farther than that.

> Note that Oracle's client libraries change in non-backwards compatable
> ways quite often.  You many need to make minor adjustments to the code.
>
> We do not have 8i, and the only way we're going to look at it is if one
> of our customers requires 8i compatability or wants to specificly pay
> for 8i integration.

You should be able to download 8i for Linux for free.  Not that doing so
would give you any more *time* to work on the problem of porting...

Doug