[Zope] Passing a variable def back to the current page and argument passing argument passing

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 01:07:28 -0800

A couple questions:

1) Under Zope, how do I get the parth to the current method/document,
or in PHP terms, is there an equivalent to $PHP_SELF?

eg I have a DTML method:

  http://.../Folder/method

And I want that method to internally generate HTML ala:

How do I get the URL path to the current invoking method so I can
construct the appropriate HREF?

How do I do it if the method is called by another method (possibly
several removed) ala Method1 calls method2 calls method3 which
generates the HREF?

2) I have a DTML method that is generating a page from an SQL
database.  This is working fine.  However what I want is for various
links and fields on that page to invoke that same DTML method again
except with different variable values.  I am expecting that I can do
this CGI-style as above with "?variable1=XYZ&variable2=QRS" on the
URL (see the Q above).

Is this true?

Is there a way that I can pass values from the URL to a DTML method
in a more intuitive fashion, say if the DTML method is under:

  http://.../folder/method

Can I call it as so:

  http://.../folder/method/XYZ

or

  http://.../folder/method/XYZ/QRS

and have XYZ and QRS passed appropriately as arguments/variables to
the DTML method much in the manner that your category path is passed
in the URL for Yahoo?  eg:

  http://dir.yahoo.com/Reference/Dictionaries/English/

--
J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw@kanga.nu