[Zope] Re: special user can't add ZClass

Jan Stohner stohner@drze.de
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:14:13 +0100

Hello,

> The question:
> We have created a role called 'NewsPoster' that should be able to post
> news articles for publication and basically have no other privileges. I'm
> having a terrible time trying to tweak the permissions so this person can
> log in, let alone post articles. What should be checked on the security
> page? Obviously the person needs 'Add News Articles' (our ZClass), but
> anything else beyone what 'Anonymous' has?

I had a similar problem the week before, when i wanted to grant the right
to create class instances to a role. The Permission "Add Link" (Link is the
Name of the Class) wasn't enough. Even if i assigned ALL permissions that
the "Manager" role has to the user role, it didn't work. The only way that
worked for me was to assign the "local rule" of "Manager" to the user role.

So you should create a Folder which will contain all News Articles and in
the Folder permission tab, click on "local roles" an assign the "Manager"
role to your user account.

One question remains for me: What is the reason for a "Add Instance"
permission, if it doesn't work for my Products? The "Add Documents,.."
permission works, but permissions for my product not. Is there something
wrong with my products, my understanding of Zope security or with Zope? (I
assume not with Zope, but what did i get wrong?)

Jan
--
Dipl.-Inform. Jan Stohner ------------------ stohner@drze.de
Deutsches Referenzzentrum für Ethik in den Biowissenschaften