[Zope] Worldpilot IMAP Bl00z

Jack Ungerleider jack@jacku.com
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 23:09:43 -0600

Hi Tres,
This was written up last week and after a little digging on egroups (I thought I
had saved that message) I finally found it. Jo Meder provided the following
information

<quote>
Chances are, that the request to "LIST *" in directory "" that
imaplib issues cause your imapd to begin scanning your whole home
directory which can be a lot of data, as we all know.

I worked around this problem by creating /etc/c-client.cf with the
following contents (the first line is required by imapd, otherwise
the file is not accepted):

--------------------------------------cut here -------------------
I accept the risk for IMAP toolkit 4.1.
set black-box-directory /var/spool/imap_folderlinks/
--------------------------------------cut here -------------------

I then created /var/spool/imap_folderlinks and symlinked the
directory in which my mailbox folders reside to
/var/spool/imap_folderlinks/jo

Repeat for all users on the system and set permissions appropriately.

        Jo.
</quote>

Also some information on this can be found in the file imaprc.txt that should
be in /usr/doc/ or where ever RH dumps it. (I'm running this on SuSE myself.) I
have tried this fix but I probably will.

<snip>