[Zope] Worldpilot IMAP Bl00z

Tres Seaver tseaver@palladion.com
Wed, 01 Mar 2000 11:05:30 -0600

Jack Ungerleider wrote:

> Hi Tres,
> This was written up last week and after a little digging on egroups (I thought I
> had saved that message) I finally found it. Jo Meder provided the following
> information
>
> <quote>
> Chances are, that the request to "LIST *" in directory "" that
> imaplib issues cause your imapd to begin scanning your whole home
> directory which can be a lot of data, as we all know.
>
> I worked around this problem by creating /etc/c-client.cf with the
> following contents (the first line is required by imapd, otherwise
> the file is not accepted):
>
> --------------------------------------cut here -------------------
> I accept the risk for IMAP toolkit 4.1.
> set black-box-directory /var/spool/imap_folderlinks/
> --------------------------------------cut here -------------------
>
> I then created /var/spool/imap_folderlinks and symlinked the
> directory in which my mailbox folders reside to
> /var/spool/imap_folderlinks/jo
>
> Repeat for all users on the system and set permissions appropriately.
>
>         Jo.
> </quote>

I will be roasted -- I thought I'd followed these directions already, and still
had it hang.  When I went back to try again, I discovered that the symlinks were
screwy (how imapd found my home directory at all is a good question).  When I
clean them up, it works!

> Also some information on this can be found in the file imaprc.txt that should
> be in /usr/doc/ or where ever RH dumps it. (I'm running this on SuSE myself.) I
> have tried this fix but I probably will.

Hmmm, /usr/doc/imap-4.5 has only a README file, which doesn't mention the
/etc/c-client.cfg file at all (it talks about building the package, and setting
up the /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf files to make IMAP work).  Thanks very
much for reposting those directions!

Tres.
Tres Seaver         tseaver@palladion.com    713-523-6582
Palladion Software  http://www.palladion.com