[Zope] PageTemplates - TAL configuration

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Wed, 4 Apr 2001 13:04:28 -0500

From: "Philip Aylesworth" <paylesworth@stclairc.on.ca>
> Well, I tried this again on a different computer with a fresh RedHat
> 6.2 install, the rest the same as above. Again, I got the same
> _v_blocks error. Has anyone else seen this? Has anyone gotten TAL
> working from the standard packages? Any ideas? I really, really want
> to try TAL!

When you untar the Zope, TAL, and PageTemplates archive files, you
should not be logged in as "root", since this sets the file and
directory ownership to garbage.  In fact, you shouldn't ever untar an
archive generated on someone else's system as "root".

Whichever user you use to run Zope (if you use "root", it switches to
"nobody" for you) should be used to unpack Zope and all of its Products.
That way, this user will have full access to all of the source files.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am