[Zope] Session and objects

Matthew T. Kromer matt@zope.com
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 10:03:44 -0400

Oliver Bleutgen wrote:

> Bo M. Maryniuck wrote:
> thank you.
>

>> P.S. The best idea has Matt Kromer, but no time to develope his nice
>> DA. ;-)
>

> Hmm, didn't he post to the list? I don't see a message from him.
> I'd be interested in his idea.

Erm, well...  What I had discussed was putting separate sessions in the
driver.  For Oracle 8i this would be by having Oracle multiplex more
than one session over the connection object (each session is separately
authenticated).  For Oracle 9, I'd try to use Oracle's connection pools
instead.

This would entail some kind of change to the Zope level connection
object, such that a database session could be allocated and persisted
between requests.  I can't begin to judge what kinds of new failure
modes this might introduce, although there are some obvious problems
with respect to ZEO mounted storages (since an Oracle connection can't
be shared between two Zope instances, instead two separate connections
must be used.)