[Zope] ProxyPass weirdness with Plone

Des Dougan ddougan@telus.net
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:46:57 -0700

Dylan Reinhardt wrote:

> RewriteEngine on
> RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://localhost:8080/VirtualHostBase/http/
> hudson.DouganConsulting.com/path/to/plone_root/VirtualHostRoot/$1 [L,P]
>
> Where everything between RewriteRule and [L,P] should be on one line, no
> space between http/ and hudson.

I've created a RewriteRule successfully, and tested it. I found that I
get the same problem as originally noted. I am assuming that it is
because I had not specified a folder below the Zope root, so I have
created one in ZMI, which correctly displays (after updating the
rewrite, of course). However, I haven't got as far as testing the login
problem, as I need to figure out which objects from the Zope root I need
to populate my folder with so that I get the Plone menus. A project for
tomorrow!

Many thanks for your help. Now that I have created the folder (I've just
realized that perhaps I should have created a Plone Site - I'll try that
too), I assume that creating a VHM mapping (I'm using
SiteAccessEnhanced) could take the place of the RewriteRule in
httpd.conf (assuming I've read the docs correctly)?

Cheers,

Des

--

Des Dougan