[Zope] Mac crash with ZMI!!

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:55:15 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 10:46:08 +0100
"trashMan" <trashman@httconsulting.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I've a big problem! Several mac-user have reporting problem on my site
> realized with zope-cmf.
> So, i've decided to verify it! It's true!
> I've used a mac with MacOs 9 and Microsoft Explorer  (the last versione
> available).

Oh, still some poor people using IE? ;)

> When i open the home page ....in the middle of operation ...mac crash
> (all is blocked)! I can only restart.

> At this point, after restart, i call ZMI .....i insert the
> login...pwd......and...schioccccc...all is blocked another time!! ON
> ZMI!!

Although there might be something ugly in the HTML of the ZMI, its
nothing to blame Zope for. Browsers and OSes schould not crash no
matter how cluttered the HTML is. Can you copy part of the HTML
to local files with Netscape and load each seperately into IE?
So we can see where it actually crashes? May be its the Stylesheet.
At least on windows you can crash IE with a single special line
of unusual CSS. (Crappy browser from hell)

Nevertheless we schould avoid the constellation of HTML if possible.

> With Netscape in the same mac all is ok.
> I have tried this  in other two mac with same result.
>
> I've used for my site Zope 2.5.1 and cmf 1.2
>
> Max
Its by no way related - but is an upgrade to 2.6 an option?

Regards
Tino