[Zope] Re: [Exuserfolder-users] Help with exUserfolder( CVS - postgres auth ) and Groupuserfolder ( CVS ) - a showstopper 'bug'

Heimo Laukkanen huima@iki.fi
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 00:22:12 +0300

Andrew Kenneth Milton wrote:

> If you get some better traces of WHY it's calling listUsers over and over
> again, we might be able to work out what's going on.

Ok. I took pdb to help and started to debug.

I am sure now that when inside GRUF, exUserFolder's internal caching
does not work.

        def cache_getUser(self, username, password):
                 if not self.sessionLength:
                         return None
                 pp = string.join(self.getPhysicalPath(), '/')
                 x = XUFUserCache.getCache(pp)
                 if not x:
                         return None

So here x is always None, meaning that cache is never found.

Also I tried with a breakpoint inside add to cache function, and it was
never called.

However outside GRUF it worked, user was added to cache and everything
was peacy. This is atleast a start in finding out what is the problem.
Andrew - any ideas and pointer what could be the next move? ,-)

-huima