[Zope] Zope Session Timeout

Tiller, Michael (M.M.) mtiller at ford.com
Fri Sep 24 16:39:54 EDT 2004

> From: zope-bounces at zope.org [mailto:zope-bounces at zope.org] On Behalf Of
> Andreas Jung
> Subject: Re: [Zope] Zope Session Timeout
>

> --On Freitag, 24. September 2004 10:28 Uhr -0400 Asad Habib
> <ahabib at engin.umich.edu> wrote:
>
> > Hello. Thanks for your input. Isn't there a better way to achieve this?
> Is
> > there a pre-defined function I could use, perhaps?
> >

> You could look at the API yourself :-)

In a sublime bit of irony, I actually went to look at the API reference and found the following commentary at the top of the page:

Anonymous User - June 26, 2002 1:43 pm:
 The reference describes nearly nothing when you don't know the solution!
 Examples are absolutely necessary.

Anonymous User - Nov. 12, 2003 10:52 am:
 Look at http://www.php.net : it's both a precise API reference for
 PHP developers, and a tutorial full of interesting samples.
 Apart from the Zope Book (which efficiently sums up the ZMI) I have
 rarely seen such a poor pedagogical and practical approach as among
 the zope documentation.

Anonymous User - Dec. 24, 2003 1:55 am:
 So convoluted! So frustrating! It would be much more useful to have
 this information organized in a more hierarchical fashion, like
 Python's Global Module Index (c.f. http://www.python.org/doc/current/modindex.html)

Anonymous User - Jan. 18, 2004 5:46 am:
 For the love of god, someone please listen to these suggestions.
   1) Table of contents / index
   2) General organization (php.net, http://www.python.org/doc/current/modindex.html)
   3) Example code.
  One of greatest things that the PHP community has going for it is a
  clear, concise, organized reference, WITH EXAMPLES. Newbies get
  rolling instantly, and advanced users are able to skip to exactly
  what they're looking for.

edcass - Jan. 18, 2004 7:24 pm:
 man, I stopped developing in Zope 2 years ago... I thought this would
 have been dealt with by now. Well, I suppose I'll finish this project
 off and then check back in in another 2 years. See you then...

furiag - Mar. 1, 2004 5:12 am:
 This API reference is uncompleted. It doesn´t include commands like
 manage_clone or manage_delObjects. I guess there are a lot more.

Of course, I'm sure these were all lazy people who just like to complain and couldn't be troubled to RTFM.  I, as Andreas puts it, they don't have the "intelligence to perform such basic tasks as reading and doing investigations."

--
Mike