[Zope] Global variables in ExternalMethod modules

Dave Cinege dcinege-mlists-dated-1107815961.0eaccb at psychosis.com
Wed Feb 2 17:39:12 EST 2005

You might want to do something like what's below and call GetDBC() upon every
EM entry. It will reuse the current connection if it's present, otherwise it
opens a new one.

kisSQL is my own module that wraps around mysql. What drove me crazy for a bit
and resulted in tons of hung db conenctions was I stupidly a forgot to put a
delete method in my kisSQL class.  ( def __del__(self):) to actually close
the connections, as CloseDBC() would not always get called.

def GetDBC ():
 import kisSQL
 global sql
 if 'sql' not in globals():
  sql = kisSQL.kisSQL(db=dbname,user=dbuser,passwd=dbpass)

def CloseDBC ():
 global sql
 if 'sql' in globals():
  del(sql)