[Zope3-dev] Re: Page Architecture: Term suggestions

Garrett Smith garrett at mojave-corp.com
Fri Dec 3 10:13:07 EST 2004

Tonico Strasser wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Are there definitions of 'Page' and 'Pagelet'
>> somewhere?
>
> You can try here:
>
> <http://www.w3.org/2003/glossary/>
>
> Couldn't find "Paglet".

(This reply is a non sequitur, but for some reason the use of the w3
glossary got my attention. :-)

It would be helpful if there was a "Problems" definition in:

  http://dev.zope.org/Zope3/UIPresentation

The new concepts are great, but it's not obvious to me what they fix.

E.g. we're already using the 'pagelet' concept via 'browser views' that
are HTML fragments. E.g. breadcrumbs, widgets, the widget layout
(includes labels, error messages, etc.) are all views and all fit the
definition of pagelet.

As far as layout managers, we use (again) browser views.

We are missing form control, but isn't Jim (or someone) working out an
implementation that uses events/subscribers?

My suspicion is that Zope3 is pretty close and might need some well
defined patterns (and start using them consistently), which could be
supported by new/modified ZCML directives.

 -- Garrett