[Zope3-dev] z3c.widget(.tiny) widget available to easy_install anywhere?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Apr 20 13:54:30 EDT 2007

Hi Martin. Cheeseshop does this already. You can see how a nice overview
page is constructed by putting readme.txt with readme.txt release notes
in setup.py as restructured text. This is available on some zope
packages but also the zif packages on pipy.

See zif.headincludes in the cheeseshop as an example of how this works
for a nice web page explaining the package.

I am not sure why there are two resources for obtaining eggs myself, not
sure if it is because pipy gets busy. Should the default be pipy or will
this slow buildouts? Maybe all packages could be put there in any case
even if primary dependency link for zope packages is download.zope.org.
Maybe this just adds to the headache of releases to have more than a
single location.

pipy already has the infrastructure for some proper searching and
management for package maintainers - so not sure that the wheel needs to
be invented. Actually, I thought the way this was all going to unfold
was with the ZF website which I think is still being worked on. Many thanks.

Regards,
David