[Zope-DB] Re: [Zope-dev] Problems with Oracle DA, speed

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 23:22:41 +0200

> So what you REALLY want is the ZOracleDA to promote the weakling
> dco2.DateTime objects to full Zope DateTime objects.
>
> Aha!
>
> I think that's doable in short order.

Excellent, dude! :-)

On an related note, we are having horrendous speed-issues using dco2. Before
I go off shooting myself and my team for using DCO2 in ways not intended,
has anybody else had any speed related issues with dco2?

We store *all* of our content (texts, labels, error messages, etc) in the
database (design issue; don't ask why ;) and have a lot of
query-the-database-and-build-menues-interactively-based-on-user stuff going
on.

We have response times in the order of 3-5 seconds for a simple "Hello
world".

Any similar experiences, or is it entirely our own fault?

Thanks,

/dario