[Zope-DB] Trouble compiling Popy

Jim Penny jpenny@universal-fasteners.com
Fri, 7 Feb 2003 11:35:33 -0500

On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 03:09:42PM +0100, Charlie Clark wrote:

> On 2003-02-07 at 14:36:58 [+0100], Leonardo Fernandes wrote:
> > My mistake, 'CC=gcc' is what I meant, anyway it still can't find the
> > compiler, and gcc is properly installed. That's what I'd like to know:
> > _why_ configure had problems in the first place? Any hints?
>
> Is there any reason you're wanting to use popy as opposed to psycopg?
> Psycopy's better maintained and Federico's on this list.

At this point, I will agree; but, there are lots of other why are you
doing this questions....

Already noted.  Is the CC=gcc needed, at all?

Do you really need python1.5?

What platform are you running, if linux, what distribution?

We postgres and python packaged or scratch installed.

If you can answer these questions, I will help you get PoPy installed.
But,  it seems way off topic here, so if lets please take it off-line.

Jim Penny